[yocto] Is it possible to prevent a package from updating the shared state cache?

Patrick Doyle wpdster at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 13:00:13 PDT 2014

On Fri, Jul 11, 2014 at 3:19 PM, Burton, Ross <ross.burton at intel.com> wrote:
> On 11 July 2014 17:00, Patrick Doyle <wpdster at gmail.com> wrote:
>> (I
>> wanted to build from a different bzr repository and didn't want to
>> "contaminate" my sstate cache, or even worse, confuse it with a
>> different version of revsion 1234 from the other repository)
>
> Ouch, I'd forgotten that bzr revisions were not unique.  Is there a
> way of making revisions globally unique, and should we switch the
> packages to use those instead of local revisions?

Ahhh… Bazaar does use globally unique identifiers internally
(according to http://doc.bazaar.canonical.com/developers/overview.html).
I didn't think about that when I asked my question.  I just assumed
that the sstate cache was based on revno rather than guid.

I would expect that the guid should be available via bzrlib, if you
use that for the sstate cache.  It is also available (I have now
learned) via "bzr version-info" for a given branch.

--wpd