[yocto] Is it possible to prevent a package from updating the shared state cache?

Patrick Doyle wpdster at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 09:00:14 PDT 2014

For anybody (such as myself) who might stumble across this thread later…

I just wanted to build a recipe without tainting my sstate cache.  (I
wanted to build from a different bzr repository and didn't want to
"contaminate" my sstate cache, or even worse, confuse it with a
different version of revsion 1234 from the other repository).  So I
went with:

Run the cleansstate task
Bitbake my one particular recipe
Copy the generated output for the particular test I wanted to run to
the particular test system on which I wanted to run it.
Run the cleansstate task again to clean up after myself.

I'm open to suggestions for better ways to accomplish this.

--wpd