[yocto] python tkinter dependencies

Jate S jatedev at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 13:11:29 PDT 2014

- Python-tkinter requires the tk recipe in meta-oe, so you must add
this layer for your build.
- I am on dora. I found that I needed commit "tk: make multilib build
compatible and fix library install" made on 12/5/2013
(1ca29d1cda0d007c4e6a28fe1a4037b4029ad7ae).
- I created a bbappend for python. In this I added
DEPENDS_class-target on tk, and RDEPENDS_class-target on tk and
tk-lib. Also, I did a SRC_URI replace to eliminate the
avoid_warning_about_tkinter.patch file.

I was able to build and use python-tkinter successfully.

The question now is if this should go into meta-oe or oe-core. And how.

The tcl recipe is in oe-core, but not tk. I'm not yet sure why this
is. Does anybody know?

- Jate S.