[yocto] How to select defconfig for kernel build with yocto/bitbake

Bruce Ashfield bruce.ashfield at windriver.com
Thu Jul 10 08:46:48 PDT 2014

On 14-07-10 07:11 AM, Dr. Markus Eich wrote:
> Thank you Bruce, that did the trick. But I am facing a new problem while
> using bitbake for the build process.
>
> I have checked to build the odroid kernel with a standard crosscompiler
> tool chain and it works without any problems.
>
> When I do the same with the bitbake toolchain (bitbake virtual/kernel),
> it somehow creates a recursive link in the folder
>
> package/usr/src/kernel/drivers/gpu/arm/mali400/ump/arch/arch-release ->
> arch-release
>
> This causes a crash in the build system.
>
> Compilation runs fine though. This error seems to be within do_package.
> I have removed the link, but somehow it is created automatically.
>
> Any ideas?

Nothing off the top of my head. That link would be created by the kernel
build, and not by bitbake or the oe-core kernel build classes.

I'd start by looking at the kernel's makefiles and seeing where the
link is being created.

Do specific tasks work ? i.e. is that happening during unpack/patch, or
during compilation.

Bruce