[yocto] Aarch64 support

atulkumar singh atul.singh008 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 05:46:31 PDT 2014

Hi Maxin,

I have added three folder “meta-aarch64”, “meta-linaro” and
“meta-linaro-toolchain” under my poky directory.
I also have updated my bblayer.conf with:-
BBLAYERS ?= " \
  /home/atulk/yocto/poky-master/meta \
/home/atulk/yocto/poky-master/meta-yocto \
  /home/atulk/yocto/poky-master/meta-yocto-bsp \
  /home/atulk/yocto/poky-master/meta-aarch64 \
/home/atulk/yocto/poky-master/meta-linaro \
  /home/atulk/yocto/poky-master/meta-linaro-toolchain \
  "
And local.conf MACHINE ??= "genericarmv8"
But while building bitbake with meta-toolchain for aarch64 support, I am
getting error as “ERROR: Layer 'linaro' depends on layer
'networking-layer', but this layer is not enabled in your configuration”.
Do you have any comments about building the same.
Also please note that I don’t need any external toolchain support as I wish
to build my own toolchain.

Thanks and Regards,
ATUL KUMAR SINGH