[yocto] How to select defconfig for kernel build with yocto/bitbake

Bruce Ashfield bruce.ashfield at windriver.com
Wed Jul 9 05:44:16 PDT 2014

On 14-07-09 05:38 AM, Dr. Markus Eich wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I work on the process to compile odroid xu kernel with yocto/bitbake
>
> In the kernel sources (from hardkernel) I have the corresponding
> defconfig file, i.e. in the git folder
> /arch/arm/configs/odroidxu_ubuntu_defconfig.
>
> How can I tell bitbake in my recipe to use "odroidxu_ubuntu_defconfig"?

To trigger the oe-core kernel processing to use the defconfig, you need
to put that defconfig in your SRC_URI.

Which means you should grab a copy of that from the kernel tree, and
in the same directory structure as your kernel recipe.

See meta-skeleton/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-yocto-custom.bb for an
example.

Cheers,

Bruce