[yocto] automated hardware testing

Robert Berger gmane at reliableembeddedsystems.com
Wed Jul 9 02:33:15 PDT 2014

Hi,

I just noticed this [1] and there are rumors that in the next release
hardware testing will also work with yocto-autobuilder.

I do have a couple of boards deployer in my lab and build with
autobuilder images for them.

The consoles of my boards are connected via conservers to ethernet and I
can also remotely switch on/off power.

For the beagle bone white the setup is more complex in order to press
the reset button remotely and turn on/off the power over the USB cable
remotely.

My goal would be to build something with autobuilder, deploy to a board
and run some tests.

Is this feasible with my current infrastructure?
Can someone please guide me in the right directions.

Regards,

Robert

[1]
http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/poky/tree/meta-yocto-bsp/lib/oeqa/controllers/beaglebonetarget.py...I
read the system requirements label on a software package recently. It
said "requires Windows NT or better". So I installed Unix. -- from a FAQ

My public pgp key is available,at:
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x90320BF1