[yocto] QEMU in SDK

Joseph Andrew de la Peña jdelapena at lexmark.com
Tue Jul 8 02:39:26 PDT 2014

Good day Chong,

Actually, I have used ADT (Section 3.4 Optionally Building a Toolchain
Installer). I used the method -c populate_sdk and it generated a toolchain
script from my existing build workdir's core-image-XXX. I ran the toolchain
and it generated a sysroots dir to /path/to/sysroots (SDK_PATH).

Here's the directory structure:
+ SDK_PATH
--- + environment-setup-XXX
--- + site-config-XXX
--- + sysroots (dir)
---------- + XXX-poky-linux (dir)
---------- + XXX-pokysdk-linux (dir)
--- + version-XXX

The poky-linux dir does not contain a build dir and nowhere are the images
(kernel and ext3) to be found. Thus, the main problem is how can I ran qemu
with my SDK setup. This would lead to my sub question: since QEMU needs the
kernel and ext3 files, how can I automatically copy these images from my
existing build workdir to the newly created SDK dir.

Thanks,
Joseph