[yocto] Fetcher failure for git repository using tag name in SRCREV

Richard Leitner richard.leitner at skidata.com
Mon Jul 7 06:18:55 PDT 2014

Hi folks,
I've ran into a problem using tag names in SRCREV for git repositories after migrating from 1.4 to 1.6.1 "daisy".

Before (1.4) the following worked fine:
	SRCREV = "v${PV}"
	SRC_URI = "git://github.com/rleitner/psplash.git;protocol=https"

When using 1.6.1 the following error message is produced:
	ERROR: Function failed: Fetcher failure for URL: 'git://github.com/rleitner/psplash.git;protocol=https'. The command git ls-remote https://github.com/rleitner/psplash.git refs/heads/v2014-02-03 refs/tags/v2014-02-03^{} gave empty output unexpectedly

I think the refs/heads argument in the git ls-remote call should contain the branch instead of the tag name.
A "fixed" call would then look like this:
git ls-remote https://github.com/rleitner/psplash.git refs/heads/master refs/tags/v2014-02-03^{}

I also think I've found the error in the source and will send a patch in reply to this message.

regards,
richard