[yocto] [daisy branch] circular dependency bitbake build issue in initscript

Ong, Boon Leong boon.leong.ong at intel.com
Mon Jul 7 01:04:57 PDT 2014

Hi,
    While upgrading poky daisy branch to YPv1.6.1, both Brendan & I observed that there is an circular dependency issue in initscripts.
    Strangely, this issue is not observable if we are building poky as it is, but is observable when we use it together with meta-intel-iot-devkit.
    We have identified that a patch from OE-Core rev:

     8b4256758ba55dcabe80dd1bf3884cdf1cc39909    update-rc.d: Allow to use different initscripts provider

    is not applied onto daisy branch but is available in master now. Without the above patch, initscript bitbake process will fail with circular dependency complaint. After the above patch is applied, the circular dependency issue has been resolved.

    Please consider pulling this patch onto daisy branch if there is no concern from the community.

Thanks
Ong Boon Leong