[yocto] Recipe to copy precompiled binaries to root image

Joshua Collins joshua.collins at arcontia.se
Fri Jul 4 00:37:38 PDT 2014

I have some precompiled libraries that I want to copy to my root image after it has been built. I am building the fsl-image-gui image.

I have created my own layer and recipe, with a file structure:

meta-mylayer ->
                meta-myrecipe ->
                                myrecipie ->
                                                myrecipe.bb
                                                files ->
                                                                myLib1.so
                                                                myLib2.so
                                                                myScript

I have added my layer to bblayers.conf and added IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " myrecipe" to local.conf.

My recipe looks like this:

DESCRIPTION = "Copies files to the image"
LICENSE = "CLOSED"
PN = 'arcontia'
PV = '0.0.1'

FILESEXTRAPATHS_prepend := "${THISDIR}/files:"
SRC_URI += "file://myLib1.so  file://myLib2.so file://myScript "

S = "${WORKDIR}"

do_install() {
  install -d ${D}${libdir}
  install -m 755 myLib1.so ${D}${libdir}
  install -m 755 myLib2.so ${D}${libdir}

  install -d ${D}/etc
  install -m 755 myScript ${D}/etc
}

This does not copy the files to the image as I would expect. If I look at the bitbake log, I see my recipe is run, but I obviously have not done the right thing in the recipe.

Can anyone tell me how I could fix this?

Cheers,
Josh