[yocto] How to temporarily disable a package rebuild during an image build?

Alex J Lennon ajlennon at dynamicdevices.co.uk
Thu Jan 30 16:00:30 PST 2014

On 30/01/2014 23:54, Adam Lee wrote:
> Hi Alex, so are you bitbaking the entire image every time you make a
> change to the kernel (The .bb file you linked is the image recipe)?
> If you only build the kernel (ie bitbake virtual/kernel), your system
> shouldn't build the entire image.
>
> Let me know!

That's exactly right Adam. I'm bitbaking an SD card image, writing that
to a uSD card and booting it up :)

In theory that should result in the kernel rebuild and a nice image for
me to use.

In actuality numbers of other things seem to decide they need to be
rebuilt, which doesn't appear to be too much of a time-sink,
excepting for QT4

--

Dynamic Devices Ltd <http://www.dynamicdevices.co.uk/>

Alex J Lennon / Director