[yocto] How to temporarily disable a package rebuild during an image build?

Alex J Lennon ajlennon at dynamicdevices.co.uk
Wed Jan 29 12:09:37 PST 2014

Hi,

I was wondering if there's a per-package environment variable I could
use to contrain the rebuilding of packages?

i.e. I am modifying a linux-imx kernel, rebuilding that kernel package
and then generating an output filesystem image to boot from an SD card
for testing.

Each time I modify linux-imx I am finding that qt4 does a rebuild.

So whilst I'm making changes to linux-imx for test I'd rather that q4
didn't rebuild when I build the image, and was wondering if there's a
way to prevent that?

(I could, I suppose, move to a testing model that didn't use a
completely rebuilt SD card image but I like this approach as if it
works, well, it works, and I can distribute. Perhaps there's a better way?)

Thanks,

Alex