[yocto] Integrating a graphical login manager to XFCE

Adam Lee adam.yh.lee at gmail.com
Mon Jan 27 17:17:54 PST 2014

Good day everyone!
This is my first post to the group, so please forgive me for anything
inappropriate.
I've been using GDM thus far (since danny) but it has been challenging to
integrate it into my XFCE image. Merely specifying "gdm" as
VIRTUAL-RUNTIME_graphical_init_manager variable does not correctly
configure PAM, systemd and console-kit. Logging in with a user created by
doing "useradd" bounces me back to the login window. I take that user
session doesn't get created successfully ( I don't have the log at the
moment, but I will follow up soon). Apart from specifying GDM as the
init-manager, and including SystemD and PAM as distro features, what other
steps do I have to take?

Thank you for your guidance!

Adam