[yocto] How to get a list of packages (with versions) used to create an image?

Brian Hutchinson b.hutchman at gmail.com
Thu Jan 23 12:42:15 PST 2014

On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 3:31 PM, Christian Ege <k4230r6 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> >
> > I've seen the bitbake -g command that lists the packages in an image:
> >
> > bitbake -g <image> && cat pn-depends.dot | grep -v -e '-native' | grep
> -v digraph | grep -v -e '-image' | awk '{print $1}' | sort | uniq
> >
> > ... but for documentation I need to generate this list with package
> version information as well.
>
> Have you considered to use the information in Packages files which are
> generated by
>
> *bitbake* package-index
>
> Another solution could be the build history:
> http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/current/ref-manual/ref-manual.html#maintaining-build-output-quality

Yes, but:

1.  I don't think package-index is image specific ... its just a list of
everything that has been bitbaked on the box (which doesn't equate to one
particular image ... it's the net of all the packages from all the images
that have been built thus far if I'm not mistaken ... it main use is so the
feeds work and the the target know what packages are available).
2.  I felt like this was probably something common and a way already
existed so I thought I should ask in case I missed something before I
wasted time re-inventing the wheel.

Based on the responses so far ... it looks like this might not be as common
a request as I thought!

Regards,

Brian