[yocto] meta-oracle-java fails

Ashish Dalela ashish.dalela at gmail.com
Sun Jan 19 21:45:44 PST 2014

I need help on this one to resolve the problem. I have noticed that the
Java download from Oracle website has library dependencies on both .52 and
.53 versions. This in itself is unusual because in Yocto we expect only one
library version. But, as it may be, to use this recipe I need to get two
versions of libav.

1. How can I force libav recipe to build two versions (.52 and .53) instead
of one? I am currently copying .53 to .52 in the do_install_append, but it
doesn't seem to help.

2. How does Yocto build determine that a package does not support a
particular version? What files/data is it looking up before it comes to
that conclusion?

Thanks
-Ashish