[yocto] Issue in combining configure options in different tunes

Rohit2 Jindal rohit2.jindal at aricent.com
Thu Jan 16 20:34:41 PST 2014

Please help me out!!!!!

From: Rohit2 Jindal
Sent: Thursday, January 16, 2014 11:10 AM
To: yocto at yoctoproject.org; Paul Eggleton; Marko Lindqvist
Subject: Issue in combining configure options in different tunes

Hi,

Actually I am able to build both elf(for xloader uboot) and linux toolchain(linux and userspace components) using tune mips32 and tune mips64-n32 with the required libgcc libraries and other required headers.

Glibc libraries were also build using tune-mips64-n32 with different combinations of abi arch and endianness.

Now my issue is to combine both the toolchain in single meta-xtoolchain layer so that both can be build in one yocto workspace using single meta-xtoolchain layer by just changing a variable in local.conf and all is done.

Example say Toolchain_var ="elf"
               DEFAULTTUNE="mips32"
Build using the same gcc recipes the elf toolchain

Toolchain_var="linux"
DEFAULTTUNE="mips64-n32"
Build using the same gcc recipes the linux toolchain

EXTRA_OECONF_append_mips32= "${@bb.utils.contains(<mailto:$%7b at bb.utils.contains(>"Toolchain_var ", "elf", "put elf related extra_oeconf", "put linux related extra_oeconf", d)}"

Is this type of thing possible to put EXTRA_OECONF configure options on the basis of toolchian variable ?????? and this EXTRA_OECONF_append_mips32 or EXTRA_OECONF_append_mips64-n32 works???

Or tell me the way that I can add specific Configure options for gcc on the basis of tune passed?????????????

Please help me out on the issue.

Thanks in advance!!!!

Regards,
Rohit Jindal

Please refer to http://www.aricent.com/legal/email_disclaimer.html
for important disclosures regarding this electronic communication.