[yocto] Rgardring GSTreamer1.0 integration on Yocto dylan

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Wed Jan 15 04:19:09 PST 2014

On Wednesday 15 January 2014 12:05:03 Nicolas Dechesne wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 11:49 AM, Khaja Hussain Shaik <
> khajahussain-s at hcl.com> wrote:
> > Greetings from Khaja.
> >
> > We are trying to make a Dylan build with GStreamer 1.0 support, however we
> > are facing lots of dependencies. We like to know whether it’s possible to
> > incorporate GStreamer 1.0 in Dylan? If yes then could it be possible to
> > direct us to some documents/procedure.
>
> such large 'features' are not generally backported to old/stable releases.
> only bug fixes.
>
> gst1.0 was introduced in 'dora' where you can find gst 1.0.x branch, and
> you have gst 1.2.x support in current master. so you either need to
> backport these changes into dylan, or switch to a newer release.

BTW, it's worth pointing out that these recipes can be added in an additional
layer, so you don't need to patch the core - in fact there is a
meta-gstreamer10 layer that says it's compatible with dylan already:

http://layers.openembedded.org/layerindex/branch/master/layer/meta-gstreamer10/

I'm not sure how well maintained it is, you'd need to talk to the maintainer
(who I've added to CC).

Cheers,
Paul

--