[yocto] gstreamer without X11?

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Tue Jan 14 06:24:33 PST 2014

On 14 January 2014 14:20, Gary Thomas <gary at mlbassoc.com> wrote:
>> pango looks suspicious here. it's not there by default. so something seems
>> to be setting PACKAGECONFIG in your config, and that could be the root cause
>> of your problem...
>
> The error says nothing about pango, is only says that virtual/libx11
> is missing.

Suspicious because it's not a default value in oe-core, so it must be
set by another layer.

> That said, this was a problem of my own doing :-(  I have this in
> gst-plugins-base_0.10.36.bbappend:
>   # Enable extra plugins
>   PACKAGECONFIG += "pango x11"
>
> Sorry for all the noise.  It's still too bad that bitbake didn't really
> help me find this, only spitting out those errors...

This is exactly what bitbake -e is for - if you don't use grep you'll
see all the assignments that are processed and where they come from.
I thought it would be more lenient in the face of errors, but
obviously not in this case.  I wonder if this can be improved.

Ross