[yocto] exception MalformedUrl error

Zafrullah Syed zafrullahmehdi at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 15:54:21 PST 2014

Hi all,

I tried to apply a patch directly to linux-gumstix_3.5.7.bb and kept
.patch file in
/yocto/poky/meta-gumstix/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-gumstix-3.5/
directory along with other patches, and ran bitbake
gumstix-console-image.

Output:

ERROR: ExpansionError during parsing
/home/zaif/yocto/poky/meta-gumstix/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-gumstix_3.5.7.bb:
Failure expanding expression ${@bb.fetch.get_checksum_file_list(d)}
which triggered exception MalformedUrl: The URL: 'missing' is invalid
and cannot be interpreted
ERROR: Command execution failed: Exited with 1

I removed the patch file and patch entry from linux-gumstix_3.5.7.bb,
then ran bitbake gumstix-console-image, I get the same error.

I then ran

bitbake -c cleansstate linux-gumstix-3.5
bitbake world
hob

All of these returned the same error:

ERROR: ExpansionError during parsing
/home/zaif/yocto/poky/meta-gumstix/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-gumstix_3.5.7.bb:
Failure expanding expression ${@bb.fetch.get_checksum_file_list(d)}
which triggered exception MalformedUrl: The URL: 'missing' is invalid
and cannot be interpreted
ERROR: Command execution failed: Exited with 1

I am trying to add this patch: http://pastebin.com/W3S6hW0M

Did I messed up something ?

--
Regards,