[yocto] Yocto and ccache

Søren Holm sgh at sgh.dk
Wed Jan 8 13:44:04 PST 2014

> I don't think it's necessary to explicitly use ccache since the OE/Yocto
> framework already provides a sstate.bbclass which implements this sort
> of logic and is designed to work better with the sorts of things bitbake
> does:

Yes, it does only cache complete compiled and packed recipes. My workflow will
many times be tat I compile the same software with minor changes. And since it
is always from scratch it will always take the same amount of time. Basically
I use Jenkins for rebuilding my image and specific recipes are then tracking a
branch in my application.

--
Søren Holm