[yocto] Upgrade Kernel using smart

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Wed Jan 8 05:36:54 PST 2014

Hi Tarek,

On Monday 06 January 2014 18:13:39 Tarek El-Sherbiny wrote:
> When I typed the command "smart upgrade" smart detected over a 100 kernel
> module that needs to be installed.
> Most of these modules are not relevant and not installed on my system.
> How do I tell smart to check and upgrade only  for the currently installed
> modules?

I don't know why this would be happening, but smart just uses the dependencies
declared in the RPM packages in order to determine what to install; so if it's
looking to install packages you do not currently have installed in the image,
in the absence of bug(s) that means somewhere a dependency has been added and
smart is just responding to that. If it looks like it's installing all kernel
module packages that probably means the "kernel-modules" meta-package is being
brought in by something else. I would suggest using "smart query" on the
target to find where this dependency exists.

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton