[yocto] PR server question

Martin Jansa martin.jansa at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 04:43:06 PST 2014

On Wed, Jan 08, 2014 at 05:00:12AM -0700, Gary Thomas wrote:
> I'm using a local PR server for my builds, working on my Linux
> kernel.  When I run this sequence:
>    $ bitbake virtual/kernel -c devshell
>      ... fiddle with some kernel sources
>    $ bitbake virtual/kernel -C compile; bitbake package-index
> I notice that the package revision for 'kernel-image-*' goes up
> by 3 on every iteration.
>
> Not that it makes much difference (or does it?), but does this
> make sense?  Why does it not just increase by 1 since I've only
> actually rebuilt the package once?

I don't remember if it was resolved already, but before it was caused by
qemuarm/qemux86/qemux86-64 using different SRCREVs so it was bumped 3
times every time it was parsed (and causing continual rebuilds for
multi-machine builds).

Now the continual rebuilds should be fixed by PR server returning the
same number to each MACHINE, but maybe there was something left.