[yocto] Problem & Question about FILES_${PN}

Nicolas Dechesne nicolas.dechesne at linaro.org
Tue Jan 7 12:39:53 PST 2014

Hi,

Le 7 janv. 2014 21:35, "Reeve Yang" <reeve.yang at gmail.com> a écrit :

> Hi Nicolas,
>
> Thanks for reply. How nice it is! But one thing I don't understand is,
sometimes the files might be needed into two different packages, e.g. main
and dev, how can we achieve that? In another words, is there anyway in
local recipe to make files not deleted during packaging time?

Thanks. Please let's keep the discussion on the list.

you cannot do that. In fact i don't quite see why you would want to do
that. If 2 packages provide the same file you won't be able to install them
simultaneously.

If you want to duplicate the same file in 2 different location in the
rootFS then you can duplicate in do_install().

nicolas.dechesne at linaro.org> wrote:

>> On Tue, Jan 7, 2014 at 1:19 AM, Reeve Yang <reeve.yang at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> FILES_${PN} = "${bindir}/* ${sbindir}/* ${libexecdir}/*
${libdir}/lib*${SOLIBS} \
>>>     ${sysconfdir} ${sharedstatedir} ${localstatedir} \
>>>     ${base_bindir}/* ${base_sbindir}/* \
>>>     ${base_libdir}/*${SOLIBS} \
>>>     ${datadir}/${BPN} ${libdir}/${BPN}/*${SOLIBSDEV} \
>>>     ${datadir}/include/scl/ ${datadir}/xsd"
>>> FILES_${PN}-dev += "${libdir}/${BPN}/lib*.la
${libdir}/${BPN}/*${SOLIBSDEV}"

>> it seems that  ${libdir}/${BPN}/*${SOLIBSDEV} is both in FILES_{PN} and
FILES_{PN}-dev, in which case the actual files will be added in the -dev
package, not, the 'main binary' package.

>> Files are 'removed' from the local 'install' directory ($D) by
processing FILES_{PN} variables in the order defined by PACKAGES. since the
-dev package is before the binary package, your .so files will be added to
the -dev package first, and no longer in the local 'install' folder when
the binary package is being built.