[yocto] zedboard & gnuradio already stripped error

Edward Vidal vidal.develone at gmail.com
Mon Jan 6 08:25:43 PST 2014

Hello All,
I just built a dora custom-image for the Zedboard.  Back in July and error
appeared
zedboard & gnuradio *Tue Jul 16 07:47:03 PDT 2013*

Paul helped with the following
Hi Edward,

On Tuesday 16 July 2013 08:47:03 Edward Vidal wrote:
>* ERROR: QA Issue: File '/usr/plugins/designer/libqwt_designer_plugin.so'
*>* from qwt was already stripped, this will prevent future debugging!
*>* ERROR: QA Issue: File '/usr/lib/libqwt.so.6.0.1' from qwt was already
*>* stripped, this will prevent future debugging!
*>* ERROR: QA Issue: File '/usr/lib/libqwtmathml.so.6.0.1' from qwt was already
*>* stripped, this will prevent future debugging!
*
poky.conf now marks this QA issue as an error instead of a warning in order to
pick up on quality issues when running builds. You can either:

a) Fix the recipe so that qwt gets built without stripping its output
binaries, or

b) set your own value for ERROR_QA and WARN_QA so that "already-stripped"
appears in WARN_QA rather than ERROR_QA

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton
Intel Open Source Technology Centre

I used option b) then and in the recent build today.
ERROR_QA = "already-stripped moved to WARN_QA = " in the file
/home/vidal/POKY/kernel_build/poky/meta-yocto/conf/distro/poky.conf

Can some please pass to meta-oe group since I do not have access to that list.

This error does not occur with dylan branch I just switched to dora.

Thanks.