[yocto] toolchain

Philip Balister philip at balister.org
Fri Jan 3 14:48:18 PST 2014

Please post meta-xilinx questions to the meta-xilinx list.

On 01/03/2014 11:46 AM, Edward Vidal wrote:
> Hello all,
> I am currently working with the zedboard using a rootfs generated with a
> dylan branch of yocto (gsl, gnuplot, gnuradio, java, vlc, v4l-utils, and
> openCV with C920 camera).  My zImage and devicetree.dtb were built with
> yocto sdk.  My BOOT.BIN (FSBL system.bit and u-boot) were built with 14.4
> of Xilinx Tools.  This requires dual booting a CentOS 6.4 x86_64 (Xilinx
> Tools) and Fedora19 x86_64 (Yocto).  I have not been able to run Yocto on
> CentOS since the need for higher version of python.
>
> Is it possible to generate a BOOT.BIN with the files generated with
> Yocto?

See:

https://github.com/balister/meta-xilinx/tree/working-branch/recipes-bsp/u-boot

Basically, I use a pre-compiled fsbl.elf. This only needs the bootgen
command (from ISE) in the path. U-boot builds fine with the toolchain
built in OE. (Also, you can build the fsbl with an OE toolchain last
time I checked.

Philip