[yocto] CAN bus protocol error

r10kindsofpeople r10kindsofpeople at gmail.com
Fri Jan 3 12:47:43 PST 2014

With the caution that I'm a bit clumsy at Yocto myself, here's how I did
it, using kernel fragments.

So in meta-myboard/recipes-kernel/linux/ I have something like the attached
.bbappend file.
Then in meta-myboard/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-yocto is the
can-socket-support-kernel.cfg file.  The version number in the bbappend
name should match the kernel version you're building.
You can add other .cfg files if you need other configuration changes, and
still keep them separated by function, just add them to the list in the
bbappend file
My build bblayers.conf file includes the meta-myboard directory in the
BBLAYERS ?=  line.

I'm using
bitbake -c cleansstate linux-yocto
bitbake -c compile linux-yocto