[yocto] No 'directfb' distro feature

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Thu Feb 20 05:30:36 PST 2014

On Thursday 20 February 2014 20:17:23 Yang Chengwei wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 10:08:25AM +0000, Paul Eggleton wrote:
> > > Is there a plan to fix this?
> >
> > This is not a bug - the intention is that you customise DISTRO_FEATURES to
> > include the feature if you need it. You may find this section of the
> > manual useful:
> >
> > http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/current/dev-manual/dev-manual.html#creati
> > ng-your-own-distribution
>
> Thank you, I did read developer manual or maybe I missed them? Since
> I didn't find 'directfb' as a DISTRO_FEATURES in ref manual, so I
> think it's a non-exist feature.
>
> Is there a way to list all available image features, distro features?

We should be listing all of the ones we define in the manual, if we aren't we
need to fix the manual. There isn't really a way to list them in the code
(other than searching it with "git grep") because the features are only really
defined by the checks that are made for them e.g.
${@base_contains('DISTRO_FEATURES', 'systemd', 'true', 'false', d)}

You are of course free to define your own DISTRO_FEATURES simply by checking
for them in your recipes (where it makes sense; typically PACKAGECONFIG is
used for configuration options for individual recipes these days and
DISTRO_FEATURES is left for features that are controlled system-wide).

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton