[yocto] Remove major version number from package name

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Mon Feb 17 07:00:49 PST 2014

Hi Isak,

On Monday 17 February 2014 14:45:24 Isak Lichtenstein wrote:
> I'm relatively new to yocto and open embedded.
>
> I created a few library packages like libdsp for our DSP libraries.
>
> Now when I list all installable packages for libdsp, I noticed that the main
> package gets the major version number added to its name: libdsp0
>
> # opkg list | grep libdsp
> libdsp-dbg - 0.1-r26 - libdsp version 0.1-r26 - Debugging files  Board
> support library for the libdsp-dev - 0.1-r26 - libdsp version 0.1-r26 -
> Development files  Board support library for the libdsp-staticdev - 0.1-r26
> - libdsp version 0.1-r26 - Development files (Static Libraries)  Board
> libdsp-test - 0.1-r26 - libdsp version 0.1-r26  Board support library for
> the libdsp0 - 0.1-r26 - libdsp version 0.1-r26  Board support library for
> the
>
> What can I add to my recipe to suppress the automatic addition of the major
> version number to the package name?

This is Debian-style library package naming, which we enable by default. If
you don't want it for a particular recipe, you can remove it by setting
DEBIAN_NOAUTONAME_${PN} = "1". You may also need to set this for the other
packages in PACKAGES for the recipe, e.g. DEBIAN_NOAUTONAME_${PN}-dbg = "1",
DEBIAN_NOAUTONAME_${PN}-dev = "1" etc.

If you want to turn it off everywhere, you'd need to set INHERIT_DISTRO such
that it does not include "debian" in your custom distro config file.

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton