[yocto] Known toolchain bug?

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Fri Feb 14 17:46:55 PST 2014

Hello Wolfgang

On Feb 14, 2014, at 6:43 AM, Gary Thomas <gary at mlbassoc.com> wrote:

> On 2014-02-14 07:27, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> in message [1] on the Linaro mailing list, Koen Kooi reported a
>> toolchain problem.  I can reproduce the same problem both in Yocto
>> 1.5.1 and witht he current top-of-tree; for example, using the latest
>> autobuilder result
>> core-image-sato-sdk-imx53qsb-20140213124023.rootfs.tar.bz2
>> I get this [source of Koen's test program attached]:
>
> Source code attachment missing?
>

>> root at imx53qsb:/tmp# g++ -Wall -std=c++11 -o b -lpthread b.cpp
>> root at imx53qsb:/tmp# ./b
>> pure virtual method called
>> terminate called without an active exception
>> Aborted
>>
>> Is this a (known?) tool chain issue, or am I missing something?

as you can see this was a problem reported by your truly :)

infact, its an issue seen for gcc4.8 and arm architecture thus far seems to work fine for x86. It also works ok with gcc 4.7 on arm but given that c++11 is new there is something to fix there for arm. I hope linaro toolchain group has taken a note of this issue. as you can see its not only seen in Linaro toolchain which was my initial thought. but its also prevalent in upstream 4.8 gcc. I haven’t tested gcc 4.9 may be its fixed there.