[yocto] Known toolchain bug?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Feb 14 06:27:22 PST 2014

Hello,

in message [1] on the Linaro mailing list, Koen Kooi reported a
toolchain problem.  I can reproduce the same problem both in Yocto
1.5.1 and witht he current top-of-tree; for example, using the latest
autobuilder result
core-image-sato-sdk-imx53qsb-20140213124023.rootfs.tar.bz2
I get this [source of Koen's test program attached]:

root at imx53qsb:/tmp# g++ -Wall -std=c++11 -o b -lpthread b.cpp
root at imx53qsb:/tmp# ./b
pure virtual method called
terminate called without an active exception
Aborted

Is this a (known?) tool chain issue, or am I missing something?

[1] http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.linaro.toolchain/3925

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"And they told us, what they wanted... Was a sound  that  could  kill
some-one, from a distance."                               - Kate Bush