[yocto] Problem with the package manager opkg on Intel

Laurène Guelorget laurene.guelorget at gmail.com
Fri Feb 14 04:50:37 PST 2014

Hello,

Thank you for the answer, but now I have another problem. Since I need to
run java
on the Intel Galileo, I downloaded the Yocto OS "Full_SDK_OpenJDK6" but I
can't
seem to boot on this OS. I connect the Galileo on the computer but the
serial port
is not recognized, even after waiting half an hour. This is strange because
with the
smaller OS (LINUX_IMAGE_FOR_SD_Intel_Galileo), I didn't have this issue.

Sincerely,

> Hi Laurène
>
> for opkg on Galileo have a look here:
> https://communities.intel.com/message/221209
>
> Generally there is a lot of Galileo information to be found here:
> https://communities.intel.com/community/makers
>

> You may not be aware that there are currently two BSP updates to 0.7.5,
> the latest is 0.9.0
> https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=23197
>
> If you don't want to build an image yourself and add Java, here is a link
> where apparently that has already been done:
>
> Yocto Project Linux for Intel Galileo with SDKs, JDK, JVM and Tomcat.
> http://ccc.ntu.edu.tw/index.php/en/news/40
>
> Regards,
>
> Paul
>
> Intel GmbH
> Dornacher Strasse 1
> 85622 Feldkirchen/Muenchen, Deutschland
> Sitz der Gesellschaft: Feldkirchen bei Muenchen
> Geschaeftsfuehrer: Christian Lamprechter, Hannes Schwaderer, Douglas Lusk
> Registergericht: Muenchen HRB 47456
> Ust.-IdNr./VAT Registration No.: DE129385895
> Citibank Frankfurt a.M. (BLZ 502 109 00) 600119052

*Laurène GuelorgetElève ingénieur en 5ème année à Polytech'Grenoble
<http://www.polytech-grenoble.fr>*

*Filière Réseaux Informatiques et Communication MultimédiaSpécialité "**Réseau
et **Système"*
*Rejoignez moi sur LinkedIn.
<http://fr.linkedin.com/pub/laur%C3%A8ne-guelorget/68/9aa/89a>*