[yocto] Boost - undefined references when linking

Chris Tapp opensource at keylevel.com
Thu Feb 13 14:36:01 PST 2014

I've got an autotools project which uses 'boost'. All was working great until I added some code which uses additional boost functionality. I'm now getting the following undefined references reported:

| File.o: In function `thread_exception':
| /media/SSD-RAID/build-danny-cedartrail/tmp/sysroots/cedartrail/usr/include/boost/thread/exceptions.hpp:49: undefined reference to `boost::system::system_category()'
| /media/SSD-RAID/build-danny-cedartrail/tmp/sysroots/cedartrail/usr/include/boost/thread/exceptions.hpp:49: undefined reference to `boost::system::system_category()'

The project builds fine natively on my Ubuntu system.

I did have a lot more similar messages, but adding:

#define BOOST_SYSTEM_NO_DEPRECATED

before including the boost headers got rid of everything but the above.

What do I need to add to the project / .bb file to solve the above?

There

Chris Tapp

opensource at keylevel.com
www.keylevel.com