[yocto] Python package recipe

Paul Barker paul at paulbarker.me.uk
Tue Feb 4 04:52:38 PST 2014

On 4 February 2014 10:05, Diego Sueiro <diego.sueiro at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 2:30 PM, Diego Sueiro <diego.sueiro at gmail.com>
>> To get dtbos and all python files on the package I need to add these lines
>> in my recipe:
>>
>> do_install_append() {
>>     install -d ${D}/${nonarch_base_libdir}/firmware
>>     install -m 0644 ${S}/overlays/*dt*
>> ${D}${nonarch_base_libdir}/firmware/
>> }

This looks like the best you're going to get without fixing the
upstream source. Just looked at
https://github.com/adafruit/adafruit-beaglebone-io-python/blob/master/overlays/builder.py,
it contains hard-coded install paths. You could report a bug or submit
a patch to make these respect the install prefix.

>> FILES_${PN} = " ${nonarch_base_libdir}/firmware/* \
>>                  ${exec_prefix} \

What files do you need under ${exec_prefix}? Do you definitely want
all this in one package and not separate packages for the firmware and
such?

A lot of recipes have to customise the install function and add extra
directories to FILES_*, don't worry about that.

--
Paul Barker

Email: paul at paulbarker.me.uk
http://www.paulbarker.me.uk