[yocto] How to temporarily disable a package rebuild during an image build?

Eric Bénard eric at eukrea.com
Sun Feb 2 12:40:43 PST 2014

Hi Alex,

Le Wed, 29 Jan 2014 20:09:37 +0000,
Alex J Lennon <ajlennon at dynamicdevices.co.uk> a écrit :
> I was wondering if there's a per-package environment variable I could
> use to contrain the rebuilding of packages?
>
> i.e. I am modifying a linux-imx kernel, rebuilding that kernel package
> and then generating an output filesystem image to boot from an SD card
> for testing.
>
> Each time I modify linux-imx I am finding that qt4 does a rebuild.
>
> So whilst I'm making changes to linux-imx for test I'd rather that q4
> didn't rebuild when I build the image, and was wondering if there's a
> way to prevent that?

that because of one of these bbappend :
http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-fsl-arm/tree/recipes-qt/qt4/qt4-embedded_4.8.5.bbappend
http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-fsl-arm/tree/recipes-qt/qt4/qt4-x11-free_4.8.5.bbappend
If you don't need opengl nor openvg in qt you can disable the options
and remove the DEPENDS added in the bbappend.

Eric