[yocto] more BSP Guide pedantry involving customizing a recipe

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Tue Dec 30 11:31:34 PST 2014

  (you can tell i'm bored and want to get back up to speed on stuff
...)

  section 1.4 in BSP Guide, "Customizing a Recipe for a BSP", appears
to discuss a new layer, "meta-xyz", then suggests the new "interfaces"
file for this machine needs to go at the location:

meta-xyz/recipes-core/init-ifupdown/files/xyz/interfaces
                                          ^^^ ???

  but the files/ subdirectory of "xyz/" would appear to be necessary
(as we all know) only if this was a more general layer that
represented several machines (say, meta-ti) for which we *needed* to
distinguish between machines.

  so while the above might be technically correct, it might mislead
readers to think they *needed* to create a "xyz/" subdirectory for
that overriding interfaces file.

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca