[yocto] bitbake cannot locate source file from recipe

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Mon Dec 29 06:46:20 PST 2014

On Tuesday 30 December 2014 00:26:05 peterengcomau001 at adam.com.au wrote:
> I have had some success and some failure.
> Attempt 1: FAILI changed the SRC to:FILESEXTRAPATHS_prepend :=
> "${THISDIR}/files:" removing the machine name and the space. The
> machine is sama5d3xek.
> I still get an the error : (the directory is now changed)
>
> > | DEBUG: Executing shell function do_install
> > | cp: cannot stat
>
> '/home/lachlan/poky/build-atmel/tmp/work/sama5d3xek-poky-linux-gnueabi/linux
> > -yocto-custom/3.10+AUTOINC+35158dd80a-r5/sama5d3xek_lsp.dts': No
> > such file or directory
> >

> Note:
> There is already a .bbappend file for this recipe in the original
> source. Can a problem occur having two bbappend recipes each
> containing FILESEXTRAPATHS_prepend := "${THISDIR}/files:" but
> referring to different ${THISDIR} directories?
> The existing linux-yocto-custom_3.10.bbppend file contains:KBRANCH =
> "linux-3.10-at91"SRCREV = "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" - i
> am on a differnt computer so I wont copy the numbersPV =
> "${LINUX_VERSION}+${SRCPV}"PR = "r5"FILESEXTRAPATHS_prepend :=
> "${THISDIR}/files/${MACHINE}:" SRC_URI =
> "git://github.com/linux4sam/linux-at91git;protocol=git;branch=${KBRANCH};noc
> heckout=1"SRC_URI += "file://defconfig"
> do_deploy_append () {.......}
> Attempt 2: FAIL I tried making the source file name incorrectSRC_URI
> += " file://sama5d3xek_wrong.dts "The same error results. I would have
> thought it would pick up a different error if the original source file
> could not be found.
> Attempt 3: THIS WORKEDI also copied the following code to the
> original vendor supplied .bbppend recipe, as well as moving the
> sama5d3xek_lsp.dts to the correct directory for that recipeSRC_URI +=
> " file://sama5d3xek_lsp.dts "
> KERNEL_DEVICETREE += " sama5d3xek_lsp.dtb"
>
> do_install_prepend () {
>     cp ${WORKDIR}/sama5d3xek_lsp.dts
>  ${WORKDIR}/linux/arch/${ARCH}/boot/dts
> }
>
> This worked and the device tree blob was built. However, I don't want
> to modify the vendor supplied source files and would like another way
> of doing this in my own layer.

You'd have to look at what bitbake -e linux-yocto-custom | less reports as the
values of the variables you are changing (SRC_URI, FILESEXTRAPATHS, and
do_install), because it depends on what this other bbappend is doing and in
what order the bbappends are applied (the latter is determined by the relative
layer priorities).

Cheers,
Paul

--