[yocto] bitbake cannot locate source file from recipe

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Mon Dec 29 03:25:50 PST 2014

Hi Lachlan,

On Monday 29 December 2014 18:49:32 peterengcomau001 at adam.com.au wrote:
> I am trying to modify my device tree build to include a slightly
> modifed version.
>
> I have created the recipe linux-yocto-custom_3.10.bbappend that
> contains the following:
>
> PR = "r5"
> FILESEXTRAPATHS_prepend := "${THISDIR}/files/sama5d3xek: "
> SRC_URI += " file://sama5d3xek_lsp.dts "
> KERNEL_DEVICETREE += " sama5d3xek_lsp.dtb"
>
> do_install_prepend () {
>     cp ${WORKDIR}/sama5d3xek_lsp.dts
> ${WORKDIR}/linux/arch/${ARCH}/boot/dts
> }
>
> I fget the error from bitbake as follows:
>
> Log data follows:
> | DEBUG: Executing shell function do_install
> | cp: cannot stat
>
> '/home/lachlan/poky/build-atmel/tmp/work/sama5d3xek-poky-linux-gnueabi/linux
> -yocto-custom/3.10+AUTOINC+35158dd80a-r5/sama5d3xek/sama5d3xek_lsp.dts': No
> such file or directory
>
> The source file is located in the append recipes subdirectory
> files/sama5d3xek/
>
> Can anyone suggest why the source dts file is not being made
> available ? I am sure it is a simple mistake!

This error is a little puzzling because I can't see how you could end up with
"/home/lachlan/poky/build-atmel/tmp/work/sama5d3xek-poky-linux-gnueabi/linux-
yocto-custom/3.10+AUTOINC+35158dd80a-r5/sama5d3xek/" (or more specifically, the
final "sama5d3xek" subdirectory) from "${WORKDIR}/". Was this perhaps from an
earlier version of the recipe?

In any case, is "sama5d3xek" the value of MACHINE in your configuration? If so,
the MACHINE value is already searched as a subdirectory of anything in
FILESEXTRAPATHS, and you shouldn't then end up with that subdirectory when the
file is copied into the WORKDIR. Try this instead:

FILESEXTRAPATHS_prepend := "${THISDIR}/files:"

(Also, there should be no spaces in FILESEXTRAPATHS, I notice you had a
trailing one in there.)

Cheers,
Paul

--