[yocto] problem of install kernel module(*.ko) to rootfs folder

Neil.Wu at Emerson.com Neil.Wu at Emerson.com
Wed Dec 24 19:08:27 PST 2014

Hi all,

First of all , merry Christmas.

I run menuconfig and save the .config as following:

CONFIG_SPI_DEV_INTERFACE=m
CONFIG_PACKAGE_kmod-usb-core=m

Then I build the linux-yocto and core-image-minimal :
Bitbake linux-yocto
Bitbake core-image-minimal

I expected all the kernel module will install in core-image-minimal rootfs, but , in the ./lib/modules/3.4.44-G4 , I just find

modules.alias,  modules.alias.bin , modules.builtin.bin,  modules.dep ...

It have nothing kernel modules (*.ko) file in ./lib/modules/. How to install the *.ko to rootfs  automatically ?

Someone tell me to change the .config file as these :
CONFIG_SPI_DEV_INTERFACE=y
CONFIG_PACKAGE_kmod-usb-core=y
I have test it what will build the kernel modules (*.ko ) to kernel image,  that's not what I need.

so ,   I just want to know . how to install the kernel modules (*.ko) to core-image-minimal rootfs ?  If you know it , please help me .
Thank you very much.

Neil