[yocto] bump linux-yocto-dev to 3.18?

Bruce Ashfield bruce.ashfield at windriver.com
Wed Dec 17 10:07:55 PST 2014

On 14-12-17 01:02 PM, Cody P Schafer wrote:
> It looks like http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/linux-yocto-dev/
> is still sitting at 3.17.6, are their plans to merge the 3.18 changes?
>
> Or does linux-yocto-dev wait on stable kernel releases?
> Or is this blocked on something else I'm unaware of?

I'm actually waiting for 3.19 at this point. If you look at the patch
series I sent out last week, we were busy working on developer
experience patches and integrating LTSI content.

There's also another activity to get linux-yocto-dev glued fully into
the autobuilder to shake out bugs before I push the changes to the
the main repositories.

Generally speaking, I don't merge each and every korg kernel into the
development branches, with a one kernel jump after we do a release
with a kernel (which in this case 3.17 comes with Yocto 1.8). And
that is simply to allow the existing set of three kernels to settle
before refreshing features, moving into another round of development
and preparation for the next release kernel.

Cheers,

Bruce