[yocto] USBmount and systemd-udev namespace conflict

Francois P. Gallichand francois.p.gallichand at ca.abb.com
Mon Dec 15 11:34:23 PST 2014

Hello,

I need to automount a usb drive when it is plugged in. I found that the necessary udev rules are in the udev-extraconf package so I added that to my build. I tried it but it does not really work since when I insert the key, it is in fact mounted by udev but since the mount namespace of udev is private and not the same one as the shell I want to check if the key is mounted, I don't see it. Is there a way to tell udev to mount using a global namespace so it can be seen be everybody?

Thanks.

François Gallichand
Engineer - Software Group
ABB Group