[yocto] Using anonymous python function to define variables

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Mon Dec 15 05:28:04 PST 2014

On Friday 12 December 2014 16:19:39 Ulf Winberg wrote:
> Thanks! Using python as a function with return value solved it.

Great!

> When bb.parse.SkipPackage is used, there seems to be no warning when
> building. Does the text I wrote end up in a log somewhere?

SkipPackage (or SkipRecipe which should really now be used instead) just marks
the recipe as skipped - you only see the message when you try to build that
recipe.

> I was testing the SOMEVAR example you give. Am I right to assume that the
> overrides only works for gobal variables, already defined elsewhere? I was
> not able to define one myself and use the overrides.

No, that should work for any variable (and you can see existing examples where
we do that, e.g.
meta/recipes-core/packagegroups/packagegroup-core-tools-profile.bb )

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton