[yocto] nfs-boot problem

Anders Darander anders at chargestorm.se
Wed Dec 10 02:24:13 PST 2014

* Matthias.Heise at atlas-elektronik.com <Matthias.Heise at atlas-elektronik.com> [141210 09:35]:
> As to the rootfs, this folder
> fsl-community-bsp/build/tmp/work/wandboard_quad-poky-linux-gnueabi/core-image-minimal/1.0-r0/rootfs
> seems to be exactly the structure that is packed into the
> image.tar.bz2 so I thought it is a good idea to directly use it as nfs
> share. Is there some reason not to do so ?

Well, there're quite few. For instance file and directory ownership,
permissions etc. If you're not using devtmpfs, and thus would like
static device nodes, they wouldn't be created in the build directory.

Thus, you really should be using the tarball when you want to run an
nfsroot.

Cheers,
Anders

--