[yocto] RFC - enable toaster on the autobuilder

Flanagan, Elizabeth elizabeth.flanagan at intel.com
Tue Dec 9 10:07:09 PST 2014

A few initial comments.

TOASTER_UPLOADURL needs to be added to
config/autobuilder.conf.example. It would also be nice if it was added
to docs. Please set it to a localhost URL and comment it out for the
time being.

Also, can we make it TOASTER_UPLOAD_URL. It matches my naming
convention for config strings a bit closer.

If toaster needs buildhistory, I'm going to have to do some work on
getting buildhistory to setup automatically on an autobuilder install
(or at least document how to do it).

-b

On Tue, Dec 9, 2014 at 8:42 AM, Damian, Alexandru
<alexandru.damian at intel.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm sending a patchset to enable Toaster logging for the autobuilder - can
> you please review and comment ?
>
> I have pending Bitbake patchset (poky-contrib:adamian/devel-settings)
> Bitbake that adds two toaster-on-autobuilder related features:
> 1. build event logging flag (-w) will write an UI event log file
> 2. toaster end point that receives a log file over a HTTP POST request and
> loads the data in the toaster database
>
> Based on this approach, I've created an autobuilder patchset that enables 1.
> at all times, and 2. uploads the data to a Toaster server if such server is
> specified in the build configuration
>
> Can you please review:
>
> poky-contrib: adamian/autobuilder-enable-toaster
>

> Thanks,
> Alex
>
> --
> Alex Damian
> Yocto Project
> SSG / OTC

> Intel Corporation (UK) Limited
> Registered No. 1134945 (England)
> Registered Office: Pipers Way, Swindon SN3 1RJ
> VAT No: 860 2173 47

Elizabeth Flanagan
Yocto Project
Build and Release