[yocto] Need guidance on compiling clang+rt-compiler+llvm 3.3

Yu, Chan KitX chan.kitx.yu at intel.com
Mon Dec 8 01:35:31 PST 2014

Hi guys,

Before I go to my errors let me outline the steps I took.

I started off with the LLVM recipe that I got from http://cgit.openembedded.org/meta-openembedded/tree/meta-oe/recipes-core/llvm . Then I added the following to llvm.inc's do_configure_prepend() because I wanted to compile Clang, rt-compiler and Clang tools together with LLVM. I also added the SRC_URI and Licensing for all of them but I don't think that's the main issue here:

mv ${WORKDIR}/cfe-${PV}.src ${S}/tools/clang
mv ${WORKDIR}/compiler-rt-${PV}.src ${S}/projects/compiler-rt
mv ${WORKDIR}/clang-tools-extra-${PV}.src ${S}/tools/clang/extra

The three lines copies the extracted files to the source directory because that's the way the LLVM does it according to http://clang.llvm.org/get_started.html .

The compilation went well but I got "Files/directories were installed but not shipped error".  The log is at http://pastebin.com/e831Ex9E .

I then tried to add the install -d ${D}${libdir}/clang to do_install() function but no good..hence my reason of posting here to have more eyes looking at this.

Let me know if you need more info.

Thanks,
Chan Kit