[yocto] [meta-intel] GStreamer1.0 : gstreamer1.0-plugins-* doesn't extract the codec libraries into GStreamer library path

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Thu Dec 4 02:07:37 PST 2014

On Thursday 04 December 2014 09:16:42 Ong, Boon Leong wrote:
> Hi Azril,
>                 Thank you for your  question. For meta-intel related
> question, you should channel them to meta-intel M/L.
> Since I catch it here, I have just added it on your behalf. Thanks
>
> BL

I'm not sure if this is the problem you are experiencing, but if you are
simply adding gstreamer1.0-plugins-<good/bad/ugly> to your image, that won't
actually install any plugins. There is a -meta package for each of these which
does pull in all of the plugin packages (e.g. gstreamer1.0-plugins-good-meta),
or alternatively you can specify plugin packages individually if you want more
control.

Cheers,
Paul

--