[yocto] Issue with compiling x264 package in Yocto

Yu, Chan KitX chan.kitx.yu at intel.com
Tue Dec 2 21:40:22 PST 2014

Hi all,

I had the following issues with building x264 package in Yocto

ERROR: Fetcher failure: Fetch command failed with exit code 128, output:
Cloning into bare repository '/home/autoeye/daisy/poky/mybuilds/downloads/git2/git.videolan.org.x264.git'...
FATAL: Failed to determine SOCKS server.

and the repository exists.

DEBUG: Python function base_do_fetch finished
DEBUG: Python function do_fetch finished
ERROR: Function failed: Fetcher failure for URL: 'git://git.videolan.org/x264.git'. Unable to fetch URL from any source.

Weirdly, git cloning that repository worked marvelously. I'm out of my depth here so I'm posting here so more minds can dig this. I have also attached the full log files so those interested can read the whole error log. I think I have set the SOCKS proxy correctly since git clone works for me but I'm open to suggestions.

Cheers,
Chan Kit