[yocto] hostapd and other packages with yocto for imx6sl-evk

jags gediya jags.gediya at gmail.com
Sun Aug 31 23:37:45 PDT 2014

I am adding packages on core-image-minimal according to my requirement
for imx6sl based custom board.

For that i am changing the below file.
poky/meta/recipes-core/packagegroups/packagegroup-core-boot.bb

I have made below changes,

RDEPENDS_${PN} = "\
    base-files \
    base-passwd \
    busybox \
    .
    .
    ${MACHINE_ESSENTIAL_EXTRA_RDEPENDS} \
    iperf \
    uim \
    bt-firmware \
    bluez5 \
    pulseaudio \
    wpa-supplicant \
    wireless-tools"

But i am not able to get pulseaudio in my file-system. What can be the reason?

About hostapd,

I am not able to find hostapd package bb file inside poky directory.
although hostapd is available inside meta-openembedded, but when i am
trying to add that package, i am getting the error.

How can i enable hostapd in yocto image.

I am building yocto for imx6sl-evk based custom board.