[yocto] Multiple kernels same machine

Seth Bollinger seth.boll at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 06:39:51 PDT 2014

Hello All,

I'm trying to build two different kernels for the same machine.  One kernel
supports a manufacturing process, the other production kernel is meant to
run on the device after it's been manufactured.  I've manipulated the two
images I'm using to build the two kernels (the solution is _very_ ugly),
but as you can imagine, they end up stomping on each other, causing a
copious amount of warnings.

WARNING: The recipe linux-dbl-manuf is trying to install files into a
shared area when those files already exist. Those files and their manifest
location are:

 /usr/local/yocto/gateways-yocto/build/tmp/sysroots/x2e/pkgdata/runtime/kernel-module-xt-statistic
   Matched in manifest-x2e-linux-dbl.packagedata

Is there an elegant way to resolve these warnings?

Is there an example somewhere of two kernels being built for the same
machine?

Thanks,

Seth