[yocto] 1.7 release feature freeze deadline this Friday

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Thu Aug 28 00:16:46 PDT 2014

If you've been in the various calls or read the minutes you'd know about
this but it was mentioned to me that it has not been highlighted on the
mailing list.

The M3 milestone close is the end of the week and this marks the feature
freeze point for the 1.7 release. We do have M4 after this but that is a
bug fixing and stabilisation milestone.

There are some things I may still consider into M4, particular if
they're related to the stated objectives of the release, specifically
the developer workflow enhancements which is running behind schedule. As
time progresses, it will be increasingly unlikely things of that nature
will merge though.

So if there are things you are after to see in 1.7 time is running out,
I at least need to be aware of them ASAP.

Cheers,

Richard